Financial Advisor Trainee - NEW Career
Last Day to Apply: December 15, 2018
Financial Security Advisor Trainee
Are you looking for a new career and are excited by the limitless opportunities financial services industry has to offer? What’s holding you back from becoming your own boss? Take control of your life, determine your own success and financial independence. Enjoying work-life balance and quality lifestyle you deserve and desire.
Let's talk. It's an exciting time to join us!
At Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN), due to our exceptional growth, we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our successful team in one of our Financial Centres in Southwestern Ontario. Here is an opportunity for you to build a successful business practice with the help of a multi-billion dollar organization.
About the Role
This is not a salary position, with our highly competitive and unique, performance-based compensation structure you can achieve unlimited earnings you work so hard for. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that is results oriented and wants to earn above average income and be generously rewarded for their efforts. A career as a financial advisor offers you flexible work hours, varied tasks, freedom to choose clients and areas of professional development in which you wish to specialize.
No prior experience in the financial services industry is necessary. You will receive exceptional training and support to help build your business, mentoring, and ongoing recognition for your achievements. We are looking for individuals who are driven to be successful, possess self-management skills, and are willing to learn.
The role of a financial advisor involves meeting with people to put a plan in place to help them achieve their financial security and realize their dreams. As a professional, your service to the public is financial security planning. As a business person, you have to market and promote yourself in your community as any other professional service provider in order to meet potential clients. With Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network we provide you a business model that is balanced between independence and team support.
You are an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and results-driven individual. Have a great attitude, are sociable and dedicated to serving your clients in their best interest and you always consider the facts objectively and carefully before arriving at a conclusion. You are considerate, able to build and maintain client relationships and love helping people by providing advice and solutions to meet their goals and dreams to achieve financial security.
- Track record in a direct sales, retail or customer service environment
- Willing to obtain licence(s) and pursue training/professional development as required
- Ability to network, utilize social media to source, generate and acquire new client leads
- Meet and exceed both individual and team sales targets
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Act as a brand ambassador representing Desjardins professionally and in accordance with company's value proposition.
Our Offer - for those who qualify
As an organization we recognize how important effective and thorough training is to becoming a successful business professional. We offer comprehensive training that takes place in the financial centre and in the field. We also offer our multi-phase home office training program delivered to you by training specialists. Our key training goal is to ensure that you will have a high level of competency in providing financial advice to your clients.
- License preparation program, including case studies, workshops and exam preparation session
- Pre-contract and continuing training to become competent and self-sufficient in prospecting, marketing concepts, and sales approaches
- Free computer/laptop with all the software for 6 months; no desk fees, back office, internet, telephone or administrative fees
- Career Development Support & Resources: coach/mentor, field manager, a team of specialists at your disposal; training allowance to assist you during your initial time
- We value your continued growth and it's important to us. We offer ongoing professional development, continuing education credits, initiatives and resources leading to professional designations that will help you realize your potential
- Immediate vesting and ownership of your client base and your book of business
- Advanced technology: whenever/wherever: access to tools, resources, and technical assistance if needed seven days a week; almost everything is done electronically
- A complete portfolio of investment/mutual fund and insurance companies (including all major banks); no propriatary product requirement.
We have a highly motivated management and training team with over 80 years of combined experience in developing successful financial advisors from a variety of occupational backgrounds. Our core value proposition is to provide Canadians with sound comprehensive financial advice through our well trained and professional financial advisors.
Today, Desjardins Group is the largest financial cooperative in Canada, ranked the second strongest financial institution in the world by Bloomberg (2014). Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN) is a national network of financial advisors specializing in life and health insurance and investments. Together with its counterpart SFL Partner of Desjardins Financial Security in Quebec and New Brunswick, the network has more than 1,800 financial advisors present in almost all parts of the country. It is the preferred distributor of products and services for Desjardins Insurance. More information on www.dfsin.ca.
We thank all the Applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.